Join the Washington County Leadership Council!
Unite Oregon's Washington County Chapter is looking for community leaders who share a common belief in a multi-racial, multicultural democracy inclusive of all — and the passion for putting our beliefs into action! All meetings and events will be held virtually due to COVID-19 and the last day to apply is September 15th, 2021.
Our Mission: Led by people of color, immigrants and refugees, rural communities, and people experiencing poverty, we work across Oregon to build a unified intercultural movement for justice.
- Opportunity to work with awe-inspiring people who are committed to social change.
- Increase your skills and knowledge about community organizing, leadership development, organizational development, and grassroots fundraising.
- Satisfaction of accomplishments that can only be achieved by group action to improve the communities in which we live, work and play.
- Yearly curriculum focused on the following community-identified topics: Housing & Eviction knowledge, Aspiration, Financial Education, Political Education, Legal 101/Immigration Law, Digital Literacy Training, and connecting leaders to resources to learn English.
- The curriculum will also focus on political involvement/civic engagement, including Public Testimony 101, writing opinion editorials, meeting with elected officials, phone/text banking, and individual pathways to Unite Oregon’s Board of Directors and elected officials.
Leadership Council Member Qualifications:
- Commit to the organization and its mission
- Can attend a monthly virtual meeting starting in late September/early October
- Understands the power of community and advocacy
- Represent UO in the community by attending at least 3 community events a year
- Graduated or planning to join a Unite Oregon program (for example: PILOT, BOLD, BUILD)
- Think critically about the social and economic justice issues that challenge low-income communities, people of color, and refugee and immigrant communities in Oregon
Please get in touch with Ernesto for an application or to learn more: [email protected] | (971) 279-8710