Join us on April 2 for Unite Oregon's 2019 Advocacy Day: We Rise Together.
Lobby Day is when we bring the community to the capitol to demand change from our elected officials. YOU have the stories and experiences that representatives and senators need to hear. Let's raise our voices together in support of Immigrant & Refugee rights, Economic Justice, Education Equity, Housing Justice, Criminal Justice Reform, and a Fair and Just Democracy!
This year, Unite Oregon is supporting bills that:
- Fund refugee/asylee services that the Trump administration has cut to emergency levels
- Prevent Hate Crimes and protects victims of Hate Crimes, which are on the rise in Oregon
- Create a citizen-funded election system so our elected officials better reflect our communities
- Provide Driver's Licenses for ALL Oregonians
- Fund a Paid Family Leave system so Oregonians that take care of loved ones can do so without economic stress
- Make our school boards representative
- Allow refugees to pay in-state tuition at public universities
Join us to make sure our elected officials hear from people of color, immigrants, refugees, rural families, and people experiencing poverty. We will provide transportation, training, and food. All you need to do is come and bring your stories and perspective. There is no stronger voice than those of the community.