The Political Director is responsible for engaging the community around the mission of Unite Oregon Action and representing and assisting UOA in achieving the Political Department goals in the field
About Unite Oregon Action: To represent and assist Unite Oregon Action in building a unified political intercultural movement for justice across urban and rural divides in Oregon. We are led by people of color, immigrants and refugees, rural communities, and people experiencing poverty.
Position Description: The UOA Political Director is responsible for engaging the community around the mission of Unite Oregon Action and representing and assisting UOA in achieving the Political Department goals in the field; to supervise, train and direct volunteers; design and implement political plans in assigned turf. The UOA Political Director reports to the UOA Field Director (FD), and Executive Director (ED).
The Political Director performs a wide range of duties and responsibilities which may encompass many of those included in the job description.
C4 Political Program:
- Work with the Executive Director and Field Director to develop a political program that builds a statewide, multi-racial and politically independent movement with measurable goals and accountability that connects to those goals. This includes both 501(c)3 and (c)4 work.
- Utilize project management systems to track deliverables, reconfigure goals and team roles when needed and support project completion.
- Coordinate with statewide partner organizations and alliances.
- Work with field staff to develop a grassroots fundraising program with annual goals including organizing and hosting local fundraiser events, membership drives and implementing a “culture of asking” within all field programs and actions.
- Support grant writing and reporting
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers
- Create and execute a field plan to reach voter outreach goals
- Create scripts, cut turf and lists for canvases, phone banks, and other outreach activities; track and report data from such activities
- Manage the endorsement process for UOA
- Manage and support UOA’s social media and email list
- Update UOA website regularly
- Draft press releases and follow up with members of the press
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fantastic time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Experience with political campaigns
- Knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and google apps
- Demonstrate comfort in working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Self motivated; comfortable in initiating contacts and engaging people
- Ability to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
To apply: All interested candidates, please and resume and cover letter and 2 references to Operations Director Khanh Le at email@example.com. This position is open until Friday, June 19, 2020.
UOA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.