Unite Oregon is seeking a Multnomah County Director to implement and manage organizing programs in Multnomah County, and to build power for BIPOC/Immigrant/Refugee communities. The Chapter Director will be responsible for all Multnomah County Chapter basic operations including staff management and support, program and campaign oversight, fundraising, strategic planning, and administration. The Multnomah County Chapter Director reports to the Unite Oregon Executive Director and Field Director.
Position Title: Multnomah County Director
Duration: Full Time, Ongoing
Compensation: $55,000-$65,000 per year depending on experience; generous and progressive benefits including medical and dental care 100% of premiums paid by Unite Oregon, paid wellness leave, vacation, flex time, and personal days off.
About Unite Oregon: Unite Oregon is a 501(c)(3) grassroots community organization with four chapters in Multnomah county, Washington county, Clackamas county and the Rogue Valley. We believe that all people can become leaders and agents of change in the areas of racial justice, immigrant and refugee rights, affordable housing, and living wages. Unite Oregon is building a unified intercultural movement for justice in our state.
Position Description: Unite Oregon is seeking a Multnomah County Director to implement and manage organizing programs in Multnomah County, and to build power for BIPOC/Immigrant/Refugee communities. The Chapter Director will be responsible for all Multnomah County Chapter basic operations including staff management and support, program and campaign oversight, fundraising, strategic planning, and administration. The Multnomah County Chapter Director reports to the Unite Oregon Executive Director and Field Director.
Organizing and Community Engagement
- Based on strategic plan, develop and implement 2-4 local issue campaigns, and support statewide campaigns
- Recruit volunteers and maintain regular volunteer and leadership development opportunities (ie, regular phonebanks, field activities, issue committees, etc)
- Maintain regular engagement with Multnomah County members
- Coordinate and facilitate chapter Leadership Council meetings every month
- Maintain regular communication with staff, volunteers, chapter leadership council, and members
Broker Relationships with coalition partners and decision-makers
- Build and maintain relationships with local, statewide, and national partners to support campaigns and shift balance of power among local decision makers
- Participate in coalitions that align with strategic plan and organizational mission and vision
- Build and maintain relationships with elected leaders and other decision-makers
Recruit, Train, and Support Staff, Interns, and Volunteers
- Recruit, interview, train, support, and oversee all Multnomah County staff, interns and volunteers.
Support Leadership Development Programs
- Recruit participants and process applications for each new cohort, and arrange the admissions process
- Assure that all logistics are complete
- Work with organizers to plan and implement curriculum
- Assure all facilitators and interpreters get paid, and turn in necessary paperwork
- Participate in facilitation and support of Leadership Development Programs and participant follow up
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, while maintaining solid communication with and accountability to organizational leadership and community
- Experience working in social justice with diverse communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least two years’ experience in grassroots community organizing or campaigns
- Bilingual and bicultural: especially (but not limited to) Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, and/or Somali. Preferred but not required.
- Multnomah County resident and/or strong ties and history in the region
- Ability to travel to meetings and events across the County, Portland, and Salem
- Availability to work during evenings and weekends as needed
All interested candidates, please and resume and cover letter and 2 references to Operations Director Khanh Le at [email protected]
This position is open until August 15, 2021.
Unite Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.