Position Title: Finance and Administration Director
Unite Oregon has an exciting opportunity to guide the financial and administrative systems of a strong statewide non-profit. We are currently seeking a genuinely talented and energetic individual who shares our values of inclusivity, empowerment and respect to lead our finance and administration systems as we grow and scale. Do you have broad experience in non-profit finance and organizational management? Are you passionate about racial and social justice and helping diverse Oregonians participate in civic life and advocate for systemic change?
About Unite Oregon
Unite Oregon is a 501c3 grassroots community organization with three chapters in northern and southern Oregon. We support people to become leaders and agents of change in the areas of living wages, racial justice, immigrant and refugee rights, and affordable housing. Unite Oregon is building a unified intercultural movement for justice in Oregon.
The Finance and Administration Director is a key strategic player in managing and leading finance, internal operations, and legal reporting for both the Unite Oregon (501c3) and Unite Oregon Action (501c4) organizations. This position requires strong strategic planning skills to develop and execute processes, applying technological solutions that support organizational growth. Leading organizational financial planning, this position is accountable to the entire leadership team. Human Resource management responsibilities includes payroll administration, managing hiring and human resources recordkeeping, employee support through development of training guides, materials, tutorials and operational resources.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; report financial status to executive team keeping the leadership team and board members
- Track various requirements of funds from restricted and unrestricted foundation and government sources
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, preparation of IRS form 990, OR form CY-12, along with all other organizational reporting and compliance. Communicate with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors
- In conjunction with the executive team, lead annual budget development process
- Supervise and plan work for Finance Associate; payroll allocations, AR and invoicing, budget updates
- Administer financial reporting with outside accounting firm to maintain monthly account reconciliation and finance reporting
- Work with Development staff to provide financial information supporting grant applications and reports
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve Financial policies and procedures
Administration and Operations Management
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures
- Work with vendors to ensure that Unite Oregon has the appropriate and cost-effective insurance coverage including workers compensation, general liability, professional liability, and Directors and Officers coverage
- Ensure organization is in compliance with state registration at all times
- Work with consultants to further develop organizational strategy focusing on internal systems. Develop and improve policies, procedures and training focusing on the areas of Financial Administration, Volunteer Management and Donor Engagement
- Identify and address barriers and communication gaps to create fluid access to organizational information for staff
- Choose and implement new software tools and applications that save time and money; administer G-suite domain; oversee IT implementation and data storage.
- Payroll administration using the Paychex Flex and Stratustime products; maintain current and accurate personnel records
- Supervise, train, and support managers to approve staff hours, vacation requests, and work and non-work hour recording
- Working with executive team to support recruitment and hiring of staff and consultants
- Assist with new hire onboarding, develop training guides, materials, tutorials and operational resources
- Further develop processes around human resources and administration, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting
- Maintain working relationships with vendors and insurance and benefit providers; annually evaluate benefits package to ensure cost effectiveness
- Manage and administer benefits including: medical and dental insurance, cafeteria plan
- Handle with equanimity all HR functions including hiring, and exits
Preferred Skills, Abilities , and Experience:
- Commitment to racial justice and passion to champion Unite Oregon’s mission
- Five to seven years of finance leadership experience
- Two or more years managing HR, facilities, and IT functions
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles for non-profits
- Proficiency in cloud-based document sharing and editing
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse, multicultural staff, board, membership, and partners of various backgrounds
How to Apply: Submit digital package (PDF preferred) to [email protected]
- Cover letter (2 pages max) clearly outlining the specific skills and knowledge you bring to the job and how they are a good fit with the responsibilities of the position.
- A resume (2 pages max) detailing relevant experience, work history, education and accomplishments