Position Title: Digital Communications Specialist
Duration: Full Time, Ongoing
Compensation: $50,000-55,000 per year depending on experience; generous and progressive benefits including medical and dental care 100% of premiums paid by Unite Oregon, paid wellness leave, vacation, flex time, phone stipend, 4.5 day work week, personal days off and $300 annual FSA contribution, work remotely, 2.5% 401K contribution after 6 months.
About Unite Oregon: Unite Oregon is a 501c3 grassroots community organization with four chapters, in Multnomah County, Washington County, Clackamas County, and Rogue Valley. We believe that all people can become leaders and agents of change in the areas of racial justice, immigrant and refugee rights, affordable housing, climate justice and economic prosperity. Unite Oregon is building a unified intercultural movement for justice in our state.
Unite Oregon is seeking an experienced, culturally responsive Digital Specialist to create, and publish content on the organization’s website and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn). The successful candidate will work towards achieving superior community engagement and website traffic by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap. The Digital Specialist should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. This position is within the communications team. The Digital Specialist reports to the communications director.
- Coordinate communications requests
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, videos) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize organization's pages within each platform to increase the visibility of organization’s social content
- Create an editorial calendars and continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (Development department and Database Manager) to plan and execute fundraising campaigns
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communications skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Graphic design skills
- Bachelor degrees in communication, marketing or public relations
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in, or interest in working in an organization that is primarily staffed by and serves immigrant, refugee, and Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- Bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Arabic or other languages
All interested candidates, please send a resume and cover letter to Unite Oregon’s administrative team at [email protected].
This position is open until filled.
Unite Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.