Position Title: Grants Manager
Duration: Full Time, Ongoing
Compensation: $55,000-60,000 per year depending on experience; generous and progressive benefits including medical and dental care 100% of premiums paid by Unite Oregon, paid wellness leave, vacation, flex time, and personal days off; technology reimbursement; 4 hours personal time off/week, $300 annual FSA contribution, 2.5% 401K contribution after 6 months.
About Unite Oregon: Unite Oregon is a 501c3 grassroots community organization with four chapters in Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Washington County, and the Rogue Valley. We believe that all people can become leaders and agents of change in the areas of racial justice, immigrant and refugee rights, affordable housing, and living wages. Unite Oregon is building a unified intercultural movement for justice in our state.
Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Unite Oregon is committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications as described or if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for or perform job duties.
Unite Oregon is seeking an experienced Grant Manager who will support the organization to secure foundation grants, government contracts, partnerships with coalitions or alliances, and other joint organizational proposals. This position will ensure its funders support Unite Oregon’s organizational goals, with community organizing at the foundation of all programming. Other core responsibilities are to continually update the working organizational budget, ensure accurate, timely reporting and invoicing on grants and government contracts, create an annual fundraising calendar, including proposal deadlines, as well as tracking and reporting deadlines, duration of active grants and known dates of accounts receivable payments from existing grants. The Grant Manager will work with the Finance department, Development Director, Field Director, Executive Director and Board members, and some Unite Oregon members to effectively support and adapt the organization’s overall fundraising efforts.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Grant & Contract Writing
- Collaborate with program and development staff to create compelling grant and contract proposals and funding requests, taking lead on our larger funding opportunities;
- Write and assemble most or all sections of each grant proposal, with key input from program directors and other staff
- Coordinate with relevant staff in order to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals prior to submission deadlines
- Review guidelines for all foundation proposals and reports to make sure all submissions are accurately formatted and include all required information, including budgets and materials
- In partnership with the Executive Director, manage the grant proposal calendar. Maintain current pipeline to reflect all grant activity
- Work with development staff to track reporting needs, deadlines, and action items
- Complete impact reports and annual reports for our major funders
- Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to guarantee continued funding
- Work with Finance Department to track grant and contract expenditures and create invoices, MOUs, and finalize contracts and grant agreements
- Conduct targeted research to identify new institutional funders and help grow the existing portfolio of funders to ensure that Unite Oregon and Unite Oregon Action maintain a diverse portfolio of funders
- Work with the Grant and Development Director to maintain records of all corporate/foundation interactions e.g. grant agreements, report requirements or documentation of calls and meetings
- Design and manage ongoing development of the system to meet the needs of the Development department
- Support general fundraising activities
- Collaborate with Communications Team to support general fundraising activities
- Work with the Donor Engagement Manager to manage and track donor cultivation and solicitation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of grant writing and/or development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with budgeting and budget development. Basic financial management skills
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team; work well with diverse styles and personalities
- Strong commitment to advancing racial and social justice
Unite Oregon requires all employees to have completed a full dose vaccine for COVID-19. Proof of vaccine status will be required before an employee may begin work.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume and references (references are not contacted until you have had a successful interview) to: [email protected]
UO/A is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.