Position Title: Development Coordinator
Duration: Full Time, Ongoing
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 per year depending on experience; generous and progressive benefits including medical and dental care 100% of premiums paid by Unite Oregon, paid wellness leave, vacation, flex time, and personal days off; technology reimbursement; 4 hours personal time off/week, $300 annual FSA contribution, 2.5% 401K contribution after 6 months..
About Unite Oregon:
Unite Oregon is a 501(c)3 grassroots community organization with four chapters, in Multnomah County, Washington County, Clackamas County, and the Rogue Valley. We believe that all people can become leaders and agents of change in the areas of racial justice, immigrant and refugee rights, affordable housing, and living wages. Unite Oregon is building a unified intercultural movement for justice in our state.
Unite Oregon is seeking a Development Coordinator with 2-3 years of experience in grant writing and development/fundraising. Duties include: grant writing, creating grant reports, and grant administration; donor communications, individual giving, donation processing, researching and prospecting potential donors and sponsors, and sponsorship outreach; supporting the Development and Communications team on fundraising campaigns and events; work with Development and Communications Team on annual appeal and end-of-year giving strategy and campaign; support Development team and Executive Director in engaging staff and Board of Directors in fundraising efforts. The role will report to the Development Director.
The ideal candidate has strong writing skills and experience with writing and preparing grants and grant reports, fundraising, donor communications and/or customer service, and working in databases. Candidates must have experience collaborating with a diverse team and demonstrate a high level of cultural competency. In addition, the successful candidates must have the ability and willingness to learn new systems, experience with a fast-paced nonprofit environment, understand racial justice messaging, and be movement-oriented.
- Draft and write grant proposals, budgets, and grant reports
- Research and prospect new funding sources, including corporate sponsorships, grant funding, individual donors, and more
- Work with Development team to create individual giving strategy, fundraising campaigns, and end-of-year appeal
- Work with Development Team to ensure fundraising goals are met
- Assist with sponsorship outreach and development of outreach materials
Database and Donation Processing
- Work with Database Administrator and Office Admin to ensure timely processing of donations, thank you letters, and tax reporting information
- Manage data entry and processing of pledges, gifts, and contributions in database
- Respond to donor inquiries and provide exceptional service and support to donors and prospects
- Create an annual fundraising calendar and find meaningful ways for staff, Board, and members to participate in Unite Oregon’s fundraising efforts
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 - 3 Years professional work experience in fundraising role
- 2 - 3 Years of experience in grant writing
- Commitment to racial justice
- Ability to work with a diverse, multicultural staff, board, membership, and partners of various backgrounds
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Good customer service and communication skills; ability to interact with donors, Board members, volunteers, and other constituents in-person, by phone and in writing
- Highly organized, serious attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Experience in, or interest in working in an organization that is primarily staffed by and serves immigrant, refugee, and Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- Graphic design skills
- Database and/or CRM software experience
All interested candidates, please send a resume and cover letter to HR Director Joel Williams [email protected]
This position is open until filled.
Unite Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.