Position Title: Organizer, Rogue Valley (based in Medford)
Duration: Full Time, Ongoing
Compensation: $40,000-$46,000 per year depending on experience; generous and progressive benefits including medical and dental care 100% of premiums paid by Unite Oregon, paid wellness leave, vacation, flex time, and personal days off.
About Unite Oregon: Unite Oregon is a 501c3 grassroots community organization with three chapters, in Portland, Beaverton, and Medford. We believe that all people can become leaders and agents of change in the areas of racial justice, immigrant and refugee rights, affordable housing, and living wages. Unite Oregon is building a unified intercultural movement for justice in our state.
Position Description: The Rogue Valley Organizer is responsible for engaging the community around the mission and issue campaigns of Unite Oregon. Areas of responsibility include volunteer recruitment and management, policy work, meeting facilitation, public speaking, and event planning, leading trainings, field activities such as clip boarding, canvassing, phone banking, community events, database management, and communications. The Rogue Valley Organizer reports to the Unite Oregon Regional Director (RD), Field Director (FD), and Executive Director (ED).
• Work with staff to develop and carry out local issue campaigns, support statewide campaigns
• Recruit volunteers and maintain regular volunteer and leadership development opportunities
• Maintain regular email and social media engagement with Rogue Valley members
• Build and maintain relationships with local and statewide partners, allies, and leaders
• Participate in strategic coalitions that align with strategic plan, organizational mission and vision
• Support UO coalition meetings every month as assigned, including coordination and facilitation
• Recruit new members, maintaining a balanced diversity of members
• Work with coalitions to hold appropriate trainings, events, field work, and meetings
Fundraising & Communications
• Willingness to participate in researching potential grants, support grant writing and fundraising events
• Work with staff to develop multimedia communications for various campaigns and program work
• Willingness to speak with local and statewide media on behalf of the organization
General Support and Administration
• Attend staff meetings, lobby days, and fundraising events as requested by RD or FD
• Maintain communications with members and staff as required by RD and FD
• Track all work using database files
• Commitment to social justice
• Experience with community outreach
• Ability to be reliable and professional, work independently and with integrity
• Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English
• Ability to travel to meetings and events across the Rogue Valley and in Portland and Salem as necessary
• Availability to work during evenings and weekends as needed
All interested candidates, please email a resume and cover letter to Operations Director Khanh Le at [email protected]. Applications will be considered as they are submitted; applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Unite Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, an honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.