Unite Oregon continues to advocate for Comprehensive Immigration Reform at the national level. We believe any Comprehensive Immigration Reform proposal should:
1. Strengthen family unity and re‐unification;
2. Include a path to citizenship within reasonable time;
3. Project people’s rights and civil liberties;
4. Include all immigrant and refugee communities (LGBT, HIV positive, people with disabilities, etc.);
5. Ensure due process for immigrants, refugees, and asylees; and
6. Include enforcement that is fair does not rely on racial profiling and border militarization.